Advised to get blood transfusion for haemoglobin count. Curable by medicine? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
my mom's age is 59 years
her haemoglobin count is 6.5
i am wondering if it can be treated without blood transfusion
with the help of medicines
It is better to transfuse her with blood.
I say this because
hemoglobin under 6 is considered as severe anemia.
Therefore you should opt for blood transfusion
right now its 6.5
anything i should be worried about?
Hemoglobin of 6.5 is not serious if she doesn't have complications of heart failure or lung congestion.
Therefore the need to start blood transfusion.
I have got her complete medical checkup done
Further the cause of low hemoglobin needs to be evaluated.
there are no complications as such
She might be bleeding from some where
it is nutiritional deficiency
The cause needs to be identified with systematic investigations.
due to which she is not able to eat properly
i can send you all the reports
if you can look at them and advise that would be really great
Lack of proper diet for 20 days is less likely to cause severe anemia
It might be possible that she had this anemia before and the fasting worsened it.
Have you consulted a hematologist?
i consulted general physician today
and she advised to go for blood transfusion
You should go ahead with blood transfusion and besides the iron supplement, she needs to be investigated.
Since you mentioned she has undergone some tests
I would like to view them before I comment further.
can i send you the reports?
Yes; I think you have posted a similar question on my dash board.
you might attach the reports on the question from your dash board.
I shall review and leave my comments there.
ok let me attach the reports
thank you doctor
Do you have any more questions?
just uploaded the file there
Thanks a lot Doctor for your time today
I'll look into it and report back to you.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Chronic anemia 4mgdl haemoglobin on blood transfusion blood cancer
- Dry cough bloating breathless
- Wbc normal 2 year baby
- Inguinal hernia and blood transfusion
- Eosinophils and pregnancy dangers
- High absolute eosinophils normal during pregnancy
- High eosinophil count pregnancy
- Bloated stomach and brown drops in urine
- Painful heartburn bloating sore breasts
- Hemoglobin count is less need blood transfusion
- Bloating high prolactin tender breasts
- Put blistex on penis head
- Psychosis following blood transfusion
- High heomaglobin count
- Mini stroke and blood transfusion