Advised MRI for spine for checking comprssion in C5 C6. Is superficial scan enough? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
i have lost the prescription
there are 2 types of MRIS i am told
superficial and detailed
superficia costs 3500 and detailed 6000
i remeber showing the prescription to lab technician and he told me it will cost around 3k.
the doctor wanted to check if i have compression n C5 C6
which MRI would you recomed because i dont want to go to doctor and pay him 500 rs just to confirm?
You can go in for a plain MRI of the spinal region
you mean the superficial, cheaper one?
That which costs you 3500
Yes, that is right
ok thanks, but just curiuos any main difference?
There are basically two types of MRI
Plain and contrast enhanced
The detailed one at 6000 will take more sections and more detailed view and yes, more time consumed in the process
The detailed one will be more specific
You do not need it at this point
ok this will be central spine right?
It will be cervical spine
C5 C6 level
i mean what should i tell them? which area of back to scan?
The cervical area C5 and C6 levels
You should say the above
Thank you too
Please log in again to chat with our doctors
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Diskariosis on pap smear
- Shadow on the spine following mri scan
- What does a grey discharge mean
- Treatment and cure for teeth spots
- Wbc high in urine and dizziness
- Treatment and cure for metabolic bone disease
- Mri scan of lumbar spine
- Treatment and cure for episodic vertigo syndrome
- Hpf full form disease
- Mri scan shows shadow on spine
- Mri scan for spine
- Does vaginal ultrasound disturb hymen
- White spots on spine mri scan
- Treatment and cure for olfactory nerve infection
- Treatment and cure for neck muscle rigidity