Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Acute bronchitis due to smoking - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   hi, i've been having a cough recently
User :   and this morning i noticed some blood in my phlem
User :   can you tell me what might cause this?
User :   i am a smoker
Doctor :   hwo long have yo u been smoking
Doctor :   Since how many days you hve the phlegm coming out
User :   i've been smoking for about 10 years, am 33
User :   and the phlegm is recent, have had a cold
User :   it was a dry cough, so i took some cough syrup - corex
User :   for the past 2 days
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Do you have fever
Doctor :   short of breath
User :   i had a fever last week, shortness of breath, when i go into a coughing fit, only for the past couple of days
Doctor :   I strongly feel you have acute bronchitis but get a physical examination done by a dcotor
Doctor :   for a prescription
User :   ok
User :   thank you
Doctor :   as yoiu migh tb knwoing
Doctor :   the treatment is only symptomatic
Doctor :   only stoping smoking can be useful for you
User :   yes
Doctor :   bye
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor