Accidental swallowing of metal screw by a 3 year old - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : my three yr old kid was playing with our halloween flashlight and the screw wasnt fastened securly
User : and he accidently swallowed it
User : its very tiny like quarter of an inch maybe
User : he drank water,he seems fine.. should i take him to the ER?
when did this incident happen?
User : less than five minutes ago.. but almost five
Doctor : did the screw have sharp edges?
User : no its a smooth one
User : with a rounded head
User : very tiny
Doctor : ok
the i will suggest you to take him to ER, get an x-ray done to see where it is
and if he develops stomach pain or discomfort and cries a lot
then needs immediate attention
User : okay thank you very much!
normally they will pass it out in stools in 24-36 hours if it is not shrap
User : oh
so you can wait and watch after taking the x-ray
User : oh okay
User : Thank you =]
children of this age are known to swallow things and later pass out
you have to look in his potty the next day for the swallowed thing to come out
User : okay will do .. thank you very much... you were a huge help!
but most important, keep things out of reach from them
you are welcome
Is there any thing else I can help you with?
Doctor : Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.
User : no that is all . take care
Doctor : you too
bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- 78 years old female swallowed fuel accidentally
- Levothyroxine accidentally swallowed by 2 year old
- Allergy spots on penis
- Signs and symptoms of paracetamol allergies
- Norflox tz skin allergy scar
- Average weight 14 month old boy
- My 3 year old accidentally swallowed 2 advils
- Autistic child eating metal
- Nutella nut allergy vomit
- Autistic kid catches troll
- Ascorbic acid baby food
- 3 year old swallowed aleve
- How to remove allergy spots
- Alp levels normal range
- 3 year old swallowed ceramic