How should I take Sildenafil?
Follow your doctor's instructions. Usually, a man needs to take 1 tablet 30 minutes to 1 hour before he plans to have sex. You should not take more than 1 tablet in 24 hours. The medicine comes in tablets of 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg. Most patients start with 50 mg.
Even if you take Sildenafil, you still need physical and mental stimulation and desire to have an erection. If your first dose of Viagra doesn't help, call your doctor. Your doctor may want to change your tablet strength.
What are the side effects of Sildenafil?
- Flushing (face and upper body turning red and warm)
- Stomach upset
- Runny nose (sniffles)
- Vision changes (things look blue)
Headache is the most common side effect. Vision changes are the least common. Talk to your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you.
What has been the success rate of Sildenafil?
It has been found that 82% of the men, who have taken Sildenafil, have experienced an improvement in their erections.
It has helped men with mild erectile dysfunction. Those who have severe impotence problems have had less success with the drug.
Men who have undergone surgery for prostate removal have also not experienced significant success.
What care should be taken while taking the drug for effective result?
- Alcohol may temporarily impair the ability to get an erection. It is therefore advisable not to drink large amounts of alcohol before taking Sildenafil.
- Taking Sildenafil after a meal rich in fats may cause the drug to take a longer time to start working. It is best to have a balanced meal before the drug is taken for increased effectiveness.
- The tablet should be stored at room temperature; away from heat, moisture and direct light